BPW Europe blog
Here you find actual information about BPW activities.
Nov. 4th: Equal Pay Workshop in Berlin to prepare 2016 campaign, led by Henrike Von Platen, BPW Germany President
- Karin Raguin, BPW Europe Coordinator
- Emanuela Heyninck, Pay Equity Office Ontario, Canada
- Sarah Lillemeier, Duisburg-Essen University
- Martina Schraudner, Center for Responsible Research and Innovation
- Non discrimination systems have been introduced in many national laws, however the pay gap is still a reality : 24% on average worldwide, and there is not one country where men and women are paid equally.
- There are efficient methodologies to measure the pay gap (job to job, proportional value)
- BPW urge companies and governments to implement gender pay gap strategy
- Action plans means: rebalance direct discriminations (equal pay for equal job), but also make sure that the value of the job are equal (e.g : nurse / policeman) and that women benefit from the same career opportunities and education programmes.